Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

killing at charlton house

been to charlton house this morning.
large part of the grounds police cordoned off after someone killed last evening.

Comments

• Options
    effing hell
  • Options
    NO SHOCK RIGHT NEXT TO CHERRY ORCHARD ROUGH MANOR THAT PLENTY OF GANGS AROUND THERE
  • Options
    wasnt Cory Gibbs was it
  • Options
    is that just hearsay or did you actually speak to the Police.

It was only a matter of time it happened i suppose.
  • Options
    Always someone being killed in Plumstead - its so common thats its no longer reported on the press. Just the tape around the area and then the normal "Can you Help" Police sign.
  • Options
    Sad that people have no respect for other peoples lives anymore
  • Options
    Sad indictment of the way the country has lost its way. Murder is so common it is barely reported in the press now apart from a footnote in the standard, ususally accompanied by 'Officers from Operation Trident are investigating'.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Sad that people have no respect for other peoples lives anymore

Not just lives, the vast majority in this Country (especially the part we live in) seem to have no respect for anything anymore, other peoples property, opinions etc. The current generation of Yoof seem to firmly believe that if X has something you don't then it's perfectly acceptable to take it and if Y doesn't lagree with your life choice or gets in the way just push them to one side even if it means taking their life.
  • Options
    Drove past this last night at about 7pm...loads of police up there and a lot of 'yoof' outside the pubs being talked to by the police....lots of uniform poking about in the trees to the left of Charlton House (as you look at the front)....did wonder what was going on.....
  • Options
    Tavern has just driven past and said theres a lot of police there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Sad that people have no respect for other peoples lives anymore
    recorded homicide rates are now falling, 765 for 20005/06 which includes the 52 July 7 killings (down 12% on previous year ie. from 869)

Peaked at over 1000 in 2002/03, largely because of the recording of all 172 Shipman murders that year.

In addition to this there are apx 440 people killed each year by "dangerous driving or careless driving while under the influence"
  • Options
    755 recorded homicides last year (2006/07), a fall of 1% - although if you factor out the July 7 killings it is a rise of 1%
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JWADDICK[/cite]Not just lives, the vast majority in this Country (especially the part we live in) seem to have no respect for anything anymore, other peoples property, opinions etc. The current generation of Yoof seem to firmly believe that if X has something you don't then it's perfectly acceptable to take it and if Y doesn't lagree with your life choice or gets in the way just push them to one side even if it means taking their life.

You've hit the nail on the head for me there. Although I wouldn't limit it to just the young.

To get it to a football related point, the loud mouthed yet thin skinned fan is a product of this culture.
  • Options
    I am tempted to say bring back stop and search as well.
  • Options
    not entirely related, but related to what is newsworth....
    there was an 11 yr old boy that went missing from the glades in bromley 2 sunday's ago. he was found up north in search of a temple. he asked directions off someone to ask where one was, and they sent him towards london, then he got on a coach towards a sikh temple from victoria station.
    this story merited a 2 inch story in the national newspaper. I knew more about it, as i was in bromley the week after and there were police everywhere asking everyone if they'd seen him.
    I only found out last night he was found safe and well, if a little confused and hungry and is now back with his foster family.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]not entirely related, but related to what is newsworth....
    there was an 11 yr old boy that went missing from the glades in bromley 2 sunday's ago. he was found up north in search of a temple. he asked directions off someone to ask where one was, and they sent him towards london, then he got on a coach towards a sikh temple from victoria station.
    this story merited a 2 inch story in the national newspaper. I knew more about it, as i was in bromley the week after and there were police everywhere asking everyone if they'd seen him.
    I only found out last night he was found safe and well, if a little confused and hungry and is now back with his foster family.

I saw that as it was front page in the Kent Messenger. Glad to hear he is OK. When you say up north do you mean Watford or somewhere like Barnsley?
  • Options
    I can't remember the word - Gurdwara? it was a trip that Sikh's typically do and there were lots of other Sikh's making this journey on the coach.

Yes, I read it in the Bromley paper last night that someone brought over to my house. wouldn't have known otherwise.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]I am tempted to say bring back stop and search as well.

When life is valued so cheaply that the punishment for murder can be a little as 8 years inside, what do you expect?

The taking of another anothers life is the most heinous of crimes and derserves the ultimate punishment. If you commit murder you should go to prison for at least 30 years.

Maybe then these people might think twice before pulling out a knife or a gun.
  • Options
    Yep, the punishment should fit the crime.

Some Islamic states chop the hand off of someone caught shoplifting. Strangely enough, they don't have many shoplifters...
  • Options
    fuck living there medders though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    the Swan has been a timebomb lately.

charlton murder
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Yep, the punishment should fit the crime.

Some Islamic states chop the hand off of someone caught shoplifting. Strangely enough, they don't have many shoplifters...
    wonder what they do to people who commit poo related offences?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Yep, the punishment should fit the crime.

at least, they only do it once ;)
  • Options
    twice if they're really stupid ...... 'owever they'll be 'armless after that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]the Swan has been a timebomb lately.

charlton murder

They're selling up at the Swan, aren't they? Funny old pub, that.
  • Options
    Are they? the place should be shut down, utter craphole. 16 year old yoots hanging out the front door smoking. it really is a shitehole.

Or what it needs is a good strong landlord that takes a firm hold. You dont get much trouble in the Bugle. Funny that. No one would mess with the guvnor.
  • Options
    Swan's alright on a matchday, but I guess that's a totally different group of clients...
  • Options
    yes it is medders totally different!
    totally different everywhere.

wish they would hurry up with the Oak. had to watch in the doom and gloom last night, about 10 people.
    but will head down there tuesday night as the new back yard is nice and spacious.

Cant see the Oak being done till at least the end of october.
  • Options
    Don't they show footie in the Anti? Was really impressed with the improvement when we went in there last season
  • Options
    yes done up lovely but the last time i was in there it had seemed to gone downhill, more wrong uns in there as well. am i just getting above myself. you want to feel safe in a pub and i didnt feel comfortable.

Should have gone to the Anchor or the Rose last night.