Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

that offering of free charlton hats on saturday

on the proviso that the person accepting the hat signs up for a card of some sort...if that's the case, what's free about the hat ?...if the card that was being offered (anybody know which card ?) is just the platinum red membership card (or whatever its called) then i thought there's a £30 payment and if its a credit card that the club is trying to promote then you'd have to question whether giving a cc to somebody that only wants it for the free hat is the right thing to do...

Comments

• Options
    Punctuate, and then I might consider reading it again.
  • Options
    blimey, if your expecting perfect punctuation, you've come to the wrong place mate.
  • Options
    Not perfect, but a comma here and there, reminding me to breathe, would be nice!

P.S. You're.

;-)
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    MBNA credit card for which the 'tout' gets seven quid for each filled in application form (I was stood next to one for 10 minutes).

All very cheap and unprofessional I thought, some geezer with a hold-all shouting 'Come and get your free Charlton hats here', 'Yeah, just fill this in love', didn't mention credit cards until punters asked.

If the club are going to endorse it, they could at least have had little stands like the programme-sellers, instead of some dodgy kerb-side geezer with his hold-all.
  • Options
    With all the ID fraud, cloning etc these days, would you really give your personal details to 'some bloke with a hold-all' ?
  • Options
    Some were.
  • Options
    can't you just give false details ?
  • Options
    No, they ask you to tell the truth.
  • Options
    I gave dodgy details, said my address was "The Valley, Floyd Road" - shows the geezer wasn't bothered and I had the pleasure of wearing the hat home :)
  • Options
    you get your hat, he gets his 70p commission, everyone's a winner !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah LOL

I wonder if "Reg Murray" of Valley, Floyd Road, will activate the card when he gets it in the post?