Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Do I have a valid complaint against Club Shop - 1 for Henry

edited October 2006 in General Charlton
I went to buy my son a full kit anyone he wasn't fussed.

They sell box kits but surprise surprise they did not have it in my sons size. BUT they told me they have it for sale as seperates.

So I said ok can you give it to me for the same price then -

No we can't do that -

Why I said it is no different is it.

Well yes it is because in the box set you get the socks free.

So give me the socks free then

No

Well that's nonsense I said

Well wait until November when we will have the stock.

Do I have a valid complaint I think I do.

Henry - speak to me what do you think

Comments

• Options
    that's a stupid system.
  • Options
    Not quite sure who it is check in the programmme but E-mail your complaint to someone like Steve Sutherland, He'll make sure it goes to correct guy. People at club are very reasonable believe it or not, give them a chance to sort it out.
  • Options
    Welcome to the world of the jobsworth, RIP common sense.....
  • Options
    Well, while we are on the subject...............

I had my new shirt sent half way round the world and said I wanted a number ten o my shirt with no name just a number ten.....

and no I just got the shirt..........No number ten on it anywhere!!!!

Its about a 32,000 mile round trip to send it back so , funnily enough , I didnt bother...... BUT while were bringing things up........
  • Options
    Although it does sound stupid I imagine it is all to do with preset prices and scanning the goods. Probably takes an authorisation signed and counter-signed in triplicate and authorisation codes entered before a zero price sale can be put through to let you have the socks as part of the deal.

Electronic sales are a great idea until you need a bit of flexibility and then you have a problem!
  • Options
    Presumably they could scan a box from a different size to get round that sort of issue.
  • Options
    I suspect it's more to do with the inflexibility of Joma.

We went for Joma kit for our kids' football club two seasons back. OK until we wanted replacement shorts or shirts. The socks were no problem but shirts+shorts came as sets only and that was the only way they'd supply them. Triffic!

You'd expect a Premiership Club to carry a bit more clout though!