Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Foo Fighters

edited August 2007 in Not Sports Related
playing at the Dome. Anyone know of a pre-sale?

go on sale in 15 min to the general public.

Comments

• Just got my ticket!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So excited, Dave Grohl is a god :-)
  • I'd like to go to see them if I got good tickets in pre-sale, otherwise I don't think I'd choose to see anyone at the O2 - it's too big an arena for me, I'd probably be miles from the stage.
  • seen them at the Astoria. one of the best gigs i've been to.

Dave Grohl is truly a god!
  • my favourite venue - I bet they were great there!
  • the place was bouncing! came out covered in sweet, beer and god knows what else!
  • are you suggesting you were covered in semen?
  • urgh!! what is on your mind to think of that!!!
  • Come on guys, let's keep to topic.

I've only just started getting in to the Foo Fighters and recently bought "In Your Honour" which, well, rocks. Is there an essential Foo Fighters album I should have beside that one?
  • The Colour and the Shape.

One of my all time favourite albums.
  • good call.

to be honest all their albums are pretty good!
  • Sponsored links:

• TBH mate, they're all great - but The Colour And The Shape is a seminal piece of music and should be owned by everyone.
  • edited August 2007
    Leroy, what tracks would I have heard of on that album?
  • You probably would have heard Monkey Wrench and possibly Walking After You or Everlong. My Hero is my favourite, closely followed by February Stars, in fact, I can't decide, I love all of them!

1. Doll
    2. Monkey Wrench
    3. Hey, Johnny Park!
    4. My Poor Brain
    5. Wind Up
    6. Up In Arms
    7. My Hero
    8. See You
    9. Enough Space
    10. February Stars
    11. Everlong
    12. Walking After You
    13. New Way Home
  • edited September 2007
    Now this is one of the best threads!!!!!!!!!! got my tickets for sat 18 of november at the o2! aaaaawoooooohooooo!

i have every album and suz i make you right on the 'colour and shape'. And there is a new digitally remastered copy of that album in all good record shops now. with 6 bonus tracks!!

I would highly recommend the skin and bones album (acoustic live)

My fav list...

1. my hero of course!
    2. virignia moon (good sing song in the car)
    3. all my life
    4. baker street cover
    5. in your honor
    6. another round

closely followed by every single song they have made.
  • Didn’t want to put this on the Taylor Hawkins RIP thread, but logged in this morning at 6.30am for the 9am pre-sale of the gig at Wembley Stadium on 3rd September. Got through at 9.01 on Gigs & Tours (which the band’s code sends you to) and almost all options unavailable. Couple of seats at the back and in the gods, no standing at all. Waste of time having these pre-sales. 
  • TelMc32 said:
    Didn’t want to put this on the Taylor Hawkins RIP thread, but logged in this morning at 6.30am for the 9am pre-sale of the gig at Wembley Stadium on 3rd September. Got through at 9.01 on Gigs & Tours (which the band’s code sends you to) and almost all options unavailable. Couple of seats at the back and in the gods, no standing at all. Waste of time having these pre-sales. 
    Same here.
  • edited June 2022
    Haven't managed to get through, was interested to see the pricing more than anything else, doubt I could have afforded the tickets right now anyway, and even less chance now scalpers have grabbed the majority.

Always regretted not seeing them in 2008, obviously regretting it even more now
  • Oh dear, sorry chaps just read this.
    I got through at 9am on Ticketmaster and clicked on standing and it offered 2 tickets.
    But as it said 3pm start & the football fixtures aren't know I didn't bother.
    I wouldn't miss a Charlton home game.
    Standing was I think £92 & seats were I think £70-£154. 
  • Weren't Foo Fighters supposed  to be UFOs that appeared in daylight bombing raids by the Allies over Germany in 1944 and 1945 ?
    Yes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foo_fighter
  • Haven't managed to get through, was interested to see the pricing more than anything else, doubt I could have afforded the tickets right now anyway, and even less chance now scalpers have grabbed the majority.

These were the prices @randy andy

I know they’re a lot, but everything is going to charity and no guarantee that the band will continue after this. I’ll look tomorrow in case anything has been kept back for general sale & then look at Twickets after that.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2022
    I am cursed to not see them. Grohl broke his leg jumping off stage three days before due to see them a few years back. Had tickets for their 30 June gig as well.

Can't be arsed to queue for these. 
  • Do you think they'd tour again without Taylor, would love to go but always miss them 
  • edited June 2022
    TelMc32 said:
    Haven't managed to get through, was interested to see the pricing more than anything else, doubt I could have afforded the tickets right now anyway, and even less chance now scalpers have grabbed the majority.

These were the prices @randy andy

I know they’re a lot, but everything is going to charity and no guarantee that the band will continue after this. I’ll look tomorrow in case anything has been kept back for general sale & then look at Twickets after that.
    Cheers, very reasonable actually, might see if I can get a seat

Edit: spoke to my mate, both going to try when they go on general sale at 9am 🤞
  • I am cursed to not see them. Grohl broke his leg jumping off stage three days before due to see them a few years back. Had tickets for their 30 June gig as well.

Have seen them a good few times now, but I lost out on that gig too. When they rearranged I was in Cyprus, so my nephew was delighted to take the tickets.  Should have been in Lisbon for their gig this weekend & then London Stadium later this month.  Always a brilliant night, but this Sept one will obviously be a difficult one. 

@ButtleJR I’m really not sure mate. They’re all really close and Dave was especially close to Taylor. He’s already gone through this with Kurt Cobain, so I dread to think how he’s feeling now he’s lost another great friend and band mate. 
  • edited June 2022
    Seen them 4 times, best one was probably at the Wembley 2008 gig followed closely by one at the O2 when about halfway through they lowered a small stage in the middle of the arena and did an acoustic set.

Won't bother trying to get tickets for this as Wembley is such a pain to get home from, especially late at night. 
  • TelMc32 said:
    I am cursed to not see them. Grohl broke his leg jumping off stage three days before due to see them a few years back. Had tickets for their 30 June gig as well.

Have seen them a good few times now, but I lost out on that gig too. When they rearranged I was in Cyprus, so my nephew was delighted to take the tickets.  Should have been in Lisbon for their gig this weekend & then London Stadium later this month.  Always a brilliant night, but this Sept one will obviously be a difficult one. 

@ButtleJR I’m really not sure mate. They’re all really close and Dave was especially close to Taylor. He’s already gone through this with Kurt Cobain, so I dread to think how he’s feeling now he’s lost another great friend and band mate. 
    I agree. Think Taylor would have wanted them to continue but could take them a few years. 
  • I really should have gone to see them in Bangkok or Singapore at a good sized venue but not a stadium. Flight from Phuket, hotel and gig ticket combined cheaper than those on sale today.
  • Don't think I'm going to get any tickets!

"You're in the queue. People currently ahead of you: 58601"
  • My boss just joined the queue and he is 70000+ away from a ticket!!
  • 3.2k here. Did join the waiting room about 10mins before it started. Still not hopeful mind.