Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

results aside, i'm enjoying it...

and i'm looking forward to the games...we may be bottom of the league but its not because we're hopeless...and i certainly dont think we're stuck there...there's some class players in the side and its starting to allow the others to recover form hidden/stifled over the past couple of seasons...the crowd is rallying around and the atmosphere is coming back...& when you've got players back-healing passes you know there's no shortage of confidence and you can see that one win and the season's back on track...i felt saturday's match was like a cup tie at times...

Comments

• Options
    [cite] ltgtr:[/cite]i felt saturday's match was like a cup tie at times...

we said that as well. not too sure if that is a good thing or not !
  • Options
    **** it ......... good thing!!
  • Options
    I am enjoying it too!
  • Options
    After some of the dross tht was being turned out over the past couple of seasons and curbs' "ouve got to manage what you have" approach........ I feel a decent win and a decent draw in succession and we could start to do something.......
  • Options
    I'm enjoying it too, obviously the results haven't been what we would have liked, but at least there is a bit of excitement in the air - the faint whiff of expectation! And the hope that the plastics will do one so that us true Charlton fans can reclaim the Valley once again!

I was watching the Centenary DVD again yesterday, and it hit me - I love this club, always will do - makes me proud to say "I'm a Charlton Athletic supporter and I love it!" - COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    [cite] NorthStandUltra:[/cite]I'm enjoying it too, obviously the results haven't been what we would have liked, but at least there is a bit of excitement in the air - the faint whiff of expectation! And the hope that the plastics will do one so that us true Charlton fans can reclaim the Valley once again!

I was watching the Centenary DVD again yesterday, and it hit me - I love this club, always will do - makes me proud to say "I'm a Charlton Athletic supporter and I love it!" - COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!!

Good post dude
  • Options
    I also watched the Centenary DVD last week during my week off and give me last seasons start to the season over this anyday....at the beginning or last season we were quality !!!!!.......(and I hate to say it but Murphy was class!)
  • Options
    "Enjoying it?"

You lot have got to be on a wind up. I just hope that at the end of the season you don't come to regret saying that.
  • Options
    I cant help it mate. I absolutely do not want us to go down and the quicker we move up the table the better - but I am currently enjoying the gung ho tactics and the battle we are up against. I cant explain why, but this current predicament is bringing out the loyalty in me again. I want to go home and play red red robin very loudly :-)

Regret what?- as I think Vince said himself on Saturday. If we go down - I will still be in the corner of the Oak at 1.00 every other Saturday.
  • Options
    [cite] 1905:[/cite]Regret what?- as I think Vince said himself on Saturday. If we go down - I will still be in the corner of the Oak at 1.00 every other Saturday.

That's bang on 1905. I will still be there even if we are in the championship.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You've summed it up with your "gung-ho" tactics comments. I just hope that come May we aren't sitting here thinking, "if only we'd not been so gung-ho at the start of the season we might have got that extra point we needed to stay up". I can't help feeling that we're being a bit naive tactically at the moment - and that's what's costing us.
  • Options
    so would I....however doesn't mean to say I'm 'enjoying it' this season...
  • Options
    04_MCS (or should that be "Bent Stalker"?): I daresay most of us will, but I'd still hate to see it happen. I've spent to many seasons watching crap football in the lower divisions to even contemplate returning to that. If it's a choice between crap football in the Prem or crap football in the CCC then it's no contest.
  • Options
    Off-it - I cant disagree with you but its all down to individual preferences. I was a very big Curbs fan right to the end but was starting to find it un-watchable. The current stuff at least gets the heart beating. Perhaps if we could find something mid way we would all be smiling.
  • Options
    Ahh yes, playing well AND winning - I remember those days well.
    *wipes a tear from eye*

I wonder what Super Clive is up to these days?!
  • Options
    "Ahh yes, playing well AND winning - I remember those days well.
    *wipes a tear from eye*"

I forgot that winning and playing well was an option!
  • Options
    Maybe I'm missing something but I just don't agree that we have been "tactically naive"

Have we really been that gung ho?
  • Options
    its not that gung ho, hardly in the Ossie Ardiles style.

We played 4-5-1 yesterday, and most fans berated our ex-manager when he continued with this formation.

Last year it was viewed as negative, this year its gung ho ???

ho-hum !
  • Options
    Well it was 1905 who used the word "gung-ho" not me. Good luck if you want to have a row with him!
    ;o)

I said I thought we were being a bit naive with our tactics, and I stand by that. It can't just be bad luck that accounts for the fact that although most people think we have been "playing well" we still aren't winning games.
  • Options
    I guess it's how 4-5-1 is played, either defensively or in an attacking formation.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "Gung ho" was the wrong expression - you lot are more pedantic than my boss! "More attacking tactics" may have been better.
  • Options
    Dowie used 'gung ho' himself in the post match interview, so you are in good company 1905.

*i'm sure i heard Curb It say 'they are both big and ugly'
  • Options
    Well there we go then.

lol

I would give curb-it a kicking but she is the only one in the oak I am scared of!
  • Options
    what?

* confused *
  • Options
    AFKA said "i'm sure i heard Curb It say 'they are both big and ugly"

so I said "I would give curb-it a kicking but she is the only one in the oak I am scared of!"

Or am I confused?

Are you going tomorrow night?
  • Options
    i wouldnt say that about you honey bun.
    I dont know...