Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Should we rest players on Wednesday ?

edited October 2006 in General Charlton
I would rest Benty.

Of course i want to do well in the cup, but he is going to be far too crucial for our season to risk against a Bolton clogger.

Comments

• Absolutely definately- let those coming back play (Thomas, Rom, Reid et al) and maybe give Pouso an outing.
  • The only one I would rest is D Bent. The others need to get a win under their belts, and give their confidence a boost.

Will Liverpool allow Carson to play?
  • I would love to see us do well in a cup competition but not this one at this stage of the season. While a win would boost confidence and moral, if we were to pick up a couple of injuries it would be a disaster.

I agree with Stanmore, give Pouso and Thomas a run out to get back to fitness but other than that I'd be happy to see a reserve side out there.

Lets get our premiership season back on track and then maybe have a crack at the FA Cup.
  • Maybe give Big Bent a run??
  • Agree with giving Pouso a run out otherwise if any are struggling in terms of fitness then rest them, if not then play them. Young may still have ankle problems, DB apparently has a slight hamstring injury, Diawarra may not be ready for two games a week.
  • I would play Pouso, i would rest DB, and play the back up option of Bigbent and JFH. After all if benty gets injured (god forbid) this is our best pairing at the Mo.
  • Agree with what has been said. No point risking players this year when cup runs are not our priority.

Problem is defeat on Wednesday will add more fuel to the Dowie out campaign. So if I was Dowie I would start with strongest team available...........
  • Many of the squad are coming back to full fitness and need the game...I'd rest Bent and play M Bent & JFH and maybe try Fortune in defence with Diawara.

Possibly consider Ashton/Youga at left back instead of HH?
  • I would agree Possibly bring Pouso in but I think we need to go for a win just to try and remember what it feels like.
  • Bringing Pouso in would in theory strengthen the team, at least I presume he was bought to strengthen the team. At least it'll give him some first team experience before the next Premiership game.
  • Sponsored links:

• ish........ Dowie has got Broad shoulders.... that is clear......
  • Its a good job there are other clubs in a similar postion such as Sheffield Wednesday, Barcodes, West Ham, Watford, Wigan and Citeh. No need to press the panic button just yet.
  • Sheff Wed back in the Prem are they Solid??

(smilie winky thingy)
  • just testing......!
  • who is actually going? is it bad that i only live round the corner but am thinking can i be bothered? i know i will go but still its hard to get the enthusiasm.
  • I am getting keener to go the nearer to Wednesday it gets.

I will be the one in the corner of the Oak on my tod.
  • I am going to give the Bolton match a miss and leave it till we have reached the final - glory boy and all that!
  • I am going with one of the guys I sit with the other is not. Even the young Boy Ollie is giving this one a miss (Shame on you).
  • Oi, got a (work) training course to attend otherwise you n i'd a been there!
  • I shall be there, i think it will be a decent game.

A few players on both sides will get a chance to prove themselves, and both teams should be going for the win.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bolton usually play an under strength side so we should have a chance.

Mhyre will come in and id like to see Ashton given another go.

Kish should be given a run in the middle with Reid and I agree Darren Bent should definitely be on the bench.

Still undecided about going to this one, I missed the Bolton match this season so I might be superstitious and stay away.
  • is Lloyd Sam fit ?
  • I'd probably make the effort if it was at Ebsfleet like all true Charlton fans would.

However I'll probably sit at home with a delicious hot milky drink.