Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

HELP! 80's Fashion!

edited August 2007 in Not Sports Related
Hey Peeps

I have just been invited to a 80's fancy dress charity disco, now considering I was only a nipper in the 80's (well born in 79)

Any of you remember the fashion back then? As I have no clue what to wear.

Thank you!!

Mx

Comments

• Neon legwarmers, a hairband and a leotard?
  • I was born in 80, but:

converse trainers, shoulder pads, gold, think dynasty/dallas, doc martens....

http://www.tripletsandus.com/80s/fashion.htm
  • side ponytails!!!!
  • Frankie Says Relax, you'll find something to wear Maria
  • Go to Top Shop and buy what's in there
  • Diamond Pringle jumper, Lyle & Scott rollneck, frayed burgendy Farah's, Nike Blue Flash trainers
  • A Team jumper.

Still got mine.

Crazy fool.
  • I'm a 77 born, but you guys must have seen TOTP2 or old Madonna videos?! I went to one a few months back looking like something from miami vice/hoddle and waddle.

Go on flickr and have a look at some of the pics of 80's parties on there!

Ra Ra skirts, reversable jumpers, relax tshirts, big hair, neon, leg warmers, leg ins, backcombed hair, fingerless gloves.
  • miami vice,fame,dynasty...
  • I'm still wearing it FFS, pop 'round and you can raid my wardrobe
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks everyone - Considering it's tomorrow - I will raid my wardrobe tonight and hope that I can find something in there!!

Keep the suggestions coming though!

Mx
  • im sure you have loads of 80's fashion!

:-p
  • Ra Ra skirts!! Now the memory of those has put a big smile on my face.
  • [cite]Posted By: carlingaddick[/cite]im sure you have loads of 80's fashion!

:-p

Only as much as you honey!! :-)
  • Everything was either horribly bright (cerise, aqua, orange or various neon shades) or pastel (peach, mint, rose pink) for a while. There's several different looks you can go for:
    Dynasty style power dressing - shoulder pads and pencil skirts
    Miami Vice - pastel jackets with sleeves pushed up to the elbows
    Madonna wannabee - crop tops and loads of necklaces/crucifixes and bangles (and lacy fingerless gloves?)
    Big baggy slogan t-shirts - Frankie says Relax etc - probably with leggings/legwarmers/dance shoes
    Brosette - those american style letter jackets, levis 501s and DM shoes with Grolsch bottle tops attached

Then there's puffball skirts, ra-ra skirts, Laura Ashley stuff, deely-boppers, super stonewashed or distressed jeans and BIG hair.

Oh god, I've just remembered the rose patterned jeans I had at one point.
  • Fila BJ tracksuit and trimm trabb
  • Grolsch bottle tops - shite, I'd forgotten those. Good one Ali