Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sodje

edited August 2007 in Rumours
Sam Sodje (central defender) of Reading is close to signing on loan according to Sky

sodje for season

Comments

• was he there when pards was?
  • not sure but i don't think so.
  • no he wasn't. Bought by Coppell from Brentford.
  • To be honest neither Sodje or Mills are the players who i thought Pards would sign to fill the defensive gaps as i regard neither as leaders and both can be liabilities. that said i hope they do great.
  • [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]To be honest neither Sodje or Mills are the players who i thought Pards would sign to fill the defensive gaps as i regard neither as leaders and both can be liabilities. that said i hope they do great.

I disagree Mr B, Mills is a good leader, as for Sodje, I honest don't know enough about him
  • I said in the Sodje thread from last week or so, that I don't rate this bloke at all.

One thing he can do is win a header (he's a superb athlete), but his positional sense is abysmal. He's one of those 'athleticism over talent' players that seem to be common in today's game.

A loan is no risk, so that isn't too bad, but I wouldn't want the club to splash out £1m+ on him.
  • [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]To be honest neither Sodje or Mills are the players who i thought Pards would sign to fill the defensive gaps as i regard neither as leaders and both can be liabilities. that said i hope they do great.

Sodje is prone to the odd lapse in concentration, he played for Brentford in the cup against us a few years ago and was caught napping for Bent's opener
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]To be honest neither Sodje or Mills are the players who i thought Pards would sign to fill the defensive gaps as i regard neither as leaders and both can be liabilities. that said i hope they do great.

I disagree Mr B, Mills is a good leader, as for Sodje, I honest don't know enough about him

A few years back i think Mills would have eaten this division up but i think he's past it now. I hope he'll re-discover his previous Charlton form but can't see it. ( At least one member of Pards backroom staff will be absolutely gutted with Mills signing). Sodje is a wildcard, he has experience and could prove to be handy. At the mo i still want to see Bougy and Fortune have a chance to gel.
  • [cite]Posted By: mart77 At least one member of Pards backroom staff will be absolutely gutted with Mills signing

Maybe i'm missing the obvious- presumably you mean Kins?
  • You may be Right or wrong.
  • Sponsored links:

• i think we should nip this in the bud before it starts guys to be honest.
  • Why - we want to know the goss??
  • I'll have to fall in with my namesake on Sodje. Certainly athletic and brave, but from the few times I've seen him, a little gung-ho, and liable to silly bickering with opposing forwards. Reminds me a bit of Perry in that he's surprisingly commanding for his size, but hope he can keep his discipline, both positionally and temperamentally. Guess Coppell's a good judge of a player and he once spoke v highly of him, but has perhaps decided he's a little too impulsive for the Prem.
  • what's the point we'll lose him for Africa Nations thingy in january
  • Another bit on Mills and Sodje. Bent could be a loan deal.

mills and sodje
  • Cheers Mart. Looks like Bent really could be going if Pards is willing to discuss it in public. The two in, whilst not being world-beaters, could well bolster the creaking defence. Just hope Mills is reasonably fit.
  • From Sky Sports website:

"There's creeping movement on that one, I would say," Royals boss Steve Coppell told the club's official website regarding Sodje.

"Creeping Movement" - sounds like a bowel disease...
  • I thought it was a Metallica track.
  • Perhaps he was describing our defence v Stockport
  • [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]I thought it was a Metallica track.

Creeping Death
  • Sponsored links:

I suppose given that John Terry and Micah Richards were both unavailable that's what we had to settle for. Remember who (and where) we are...
  • I wouldn't rule out Richards yet, still a day to go ...
  • Sodje, Sodje, Sodje

oi oi oi !!
  • [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]To be honest neither Sodje or Mills are the players who i thought Pards would sign to fill the defensive gaps as i regard neither as leaders and both can be liabilities. that said i hope they do great.

I suppose given that John Terry and Micah Richards were both unavailable that's what we had to settle for. Remember who (and where) we are...

a bit of an over exaggeration of what i said. I meant that i'd rather have the likes of Worley from Chelsea as he's a real prospect. Forgive me for thinking this was a discussion board.