Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Andy Reid

edited October 2006 in General Charlton
Given a free role in the pocket, what did you make of him ?

Looked fitter today and had a big influence on the game. Final ball let him down on two or three occassions. Still didn't nail the killer final ball.

Worth continuing with, but with a lot of the attacking play being built around him, needs to deliver some results.

Comments

• He's looking quicker and fitter-

He's actually typical of most of the team- so nearly there. It just needs to click into place and it'll be a good side.

Stating the obvious but, just hopes it happens quickly
  • Looked comfortable on the ball and like Murphy with a 5 man midfield I think he could do well.

He has a sweet left foot, think we have finally found our first dangerous free kick taker since Murphy.

Really hope Im gonna be proved wrong about him, the key is to stay fit.

On the downside, he wont get as much room all season, Watford seemed to just leave him alone, and I dont think he touched the ball with his right foot, not even dribbling or taking a touch.
  • I thought it was his best match for the addicks. Agree that his final ball was just not there today but this could be said of the whole team - we are just misfiring and need that all important tuning...but it has to be soon....very soon.
  • Definately his best match & he is definately a footballing type which is something we need so so badly. Was impressed yesterday apart from his final ball BUT something is telling me that he just wont be able to make that extra little step that is needed to complete his play. I cant see him fitting in our team all that well on a regular basis & I'm unsure why.
  • got to say he was excellent - u r right the final ball needs to improve.

After the game our table presented Reid with MOM and had a quick chat - up close he doesn't look that big to be fair to the lad.
  • After the game our table presented Reid with MOM and had a quick chat - up close he doesn't look that big to be fair to the lad.

Neither was Kinsella - wasn't he considered too lightweight for top division football before Curbs signed him?

As for Reid, the guy can play football and read a game, get him match fit and slimmed down a couple more pounds and we'll start to see him play even better. At Forest he looked a great player in the making then got overtaken by Carrick and one or two others at Spurs. We have a bargain on our hands.
  • i meant in weight BFR he isn't overweight IMHO
  • you're not the best to judge though Arfur :-)

(and nor am i at the mo)
  • [cite] AFKA Bartram:[/cite]Given a free role in the pocket, what did you make of him ?

Looked fitter today and had a big influence on the game. Final ball let him down on two or three occassions. Still didn't nail the killer final ball.

Worth continuing with, but with a lot of the attacking play being built around him, needs to deliver some results.

It's all in the name.... it just beathes quality...... (think a beer belly comes with the name too though) ;-)
  • Right ...........I have just seen the 49.5 seconds of coverage on the Aussie round up and Reidy was at the heart of all of it...... AND another long distance strike this time on target as opposed to the one that skimmed the post at Fulham I reckon one of them hits the net early in a game and were on.........

Im starting to feel better.....I think we need a BIG win up at St.james......

Stick it to Parker and build from there.......

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!