Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton nil...Watford nil - YOUR VIEWS

Our first clean sheet, sounded as though we shaded the match, should have had a pen but Watford dangerous on the break.

Comments

• Options
    Diawara was superb but otherwise the best bit was Chrissy Powell coming out the tunnel at the end.

Unless things change we watched two of the three teams going down today.
  • Options
    AHH So frustrating.

Really struggling when i break it down to work out what section of the side is underperforming ?

We seem to be 'generally' doing everything right, we'd just missing that extra ingrediant to go on and win games. Perhaps the quality of our play in the final third could be improved.

Diawara is a monster, think he will turn out to be a cracking signing.

Should of been a definately penalty with the fella all over Faye, but to balance it out, i can't believe their bloke smashed over from 4 yards.
  • Options
    The penalty incident I was really referring to was a handball in the first half - not sure who the Watford player was but the radio commentators confirmed it was just in the area.
  • Options
    MCSMCS
    edited October 2006
    Yeah diawara was very good, and they had the best of the chances for sure. We need to sure it up now and make the most of our chances, otherwise we are gonna find ourselves in one mother of a hole!

Ps, the prolonged c.a.f.c chant in the first half, i was the chief cafc man for that! The drummer couldnt keep up with me and rest of the H block helping me! Sore throat now!
  • Options
    Time to stop lurking and offer an opinion!

Thought Diawara was the biggest plus - some great tackling and crucial clearances.

Was very worried we were going to get caught on the break near the end and could easily have ended up with nothing. Think we just need to get an early goal in a game and a bit of luck.
  • Options
    Well if it's any consolation the crowd came across loud & clear on the radio...your efforts were heard and appreciated.
  • Options
    [cite] BlackForestReds:[/cite]The penalty incident I was really referring to was a handball in the first half - not sure who the Watford player was but the radio commentators confirmed it was just in the area.

Yeah i thought that was a pen too, but the ref reckoned it was outside of the box, anyone no who the ref was??? He was a muppet.
  • Options
    From the OS...Referee: L Mason

Don't know much about him...
  • Options
    [cite] BlackForestReds:[/cite]From the OS...Referee: L Mason

Don't know much about him...

Name of Mason. Only his 2nd Prem game apparently. After that it should be his last.
  • Options
    He looked just like Steve Bennett from Kent, and i thought he was crap. Didn't get a programme so couldn't look who it was, spose i could of looked on t'internet but i am purely gassed from my appearance in the oak for the first time!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Len, you back already, how was the stupid A2 ( i hate that fricken road) looks like you did ok for time (mind you its late)??

So you thought the ref was pony, i thought the same!
  • Options
    [cite] 04_MCS:[/cite]Len, you back already, how was the stupid A2 ( i hate that fricken road) looks like you did ok for time (mind you its late)??

So you thought the ref was pony, i thought the same!

There were a number of puzzling decisions where he gave the free kick the wrong way.

Journey back wasn't too bad got in about 6:30 and straight on here.

How sad is that?:-)
  • Options
    I thought the ref made some funny decisions but thought it may be my carling induced rose tinted specs!

Not sad Len, i am on here too, and i am well cool!!! (winky smilie thing)
  • Options
    [cite] AFKA Bartram:[/cite]AHH So frustrating.

Really struggling when i break it down to work out what section of the side is underperforming ?

We seem to be 'generally' doing everything right, we'd just missing that extra ingrediant to go on and win games. Perhaps the quality of our play in the final third could be improved.

Diawara is a monster, think he will turn out to be a cracking signing.

Should of been a definately penalty with the fella all over Faye, but to balance it out, i can't believe their bloke smashed over from 4 yards.

First half wasn't too bad we had a few chances but what depressed me was the 2nd half whereby for all our huffing and puffing Foster didn't have a shot to save that I remember. They then came into it and could easily have nicked it.

I know it's blasphemy but Darren was below par today. Mind you if anyone is allowed an off day he is.
  • Options
    He didnt have alot to feed off tho did he?? Scraps at most!
  • Options
    [cite] 04_MCS:[/cite]He didnt have alot to feed off tho did he?? Scraps at most!

Yeah the service was crap but he would normally have buried that first half shot and I thought let Shittu dominate him too much. Mind you he's a big bu**er!
  • Options
    Blimey i forgot about shittu, did he play well?? Perhaps i should try concentrate on the game more! Too busy wearing my voice out (not that that would happen!!)
  • Options
    [cite] 04_MCS:[/cite]Blimey i forgot about shittu, did he play well?? Perhaps i should try concentrate on the game more! Too busy wearing my voice out (not that that would happen!!)

They didn't concede so I guess he did.

Dowie got flak from a lot of people near me at the end. Good to hear (and join in) the Joge Costa song as amended for Diawara!
  • Options
    Sorry to hear dowie out shenanighans i had a little of it in front of me on the way out!

Diawara could be an excellent signing for us, and a very apt song too!
  • Options
    I enjoyed the game today! Diawara and Reid were awesome; Bent had on off day and as a result we were poor in penalty area I suppose. Thomas was great first half too.

Not worried .... Iain Dowie's Red and White Army!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It weas an enjoyable game. Both sides guilty of wasting chances. Could have easily been 3-3. The ref cocked up for two penalties. The first looked in the area and as for the second I alsways considered that pulling a player back then sitting on them was against the rules. Diawara was immense

The worrying things for me were how tired we looked in the last 15-20 minutes and the more vocal anti-dowie comments. There were a few behind me in the North Upper and as for the group in the block on the far right as I went out. Guys you embarassed yourselves.

It was a strange atmosphere as well. The noise in the first half was good, but you could feel the tension in the second half in the upper north.
  • Options
    Defenced - Diawara was excellent (good to hear a song return to someone who deserves it), shame the rest of the back four were so poor, El Kak was totally appalling, jogging back from corners when Watford were on the break - I have always thought he was OK but today he was terrible. Young whenever he got into an attacking position; just stopped he did not break into space, I don't know whether he is still injured but a year or so ago he would have been charging forward. Herrairdsson I thought was back to his left back form of 18 months ago, ie not very good.

Midfield - Thomas anonomous, a few good touches at the begining and towards his substition, Rommedahl OK ish in the first half faded by an hour gone, Holland thought he had an OK game, Faye a bit of an off day for him but better than the rest, Reid again OK needs to get fitter think he has a future.

Attack - Bent, did not score and allegedley got caught offside, did as well as can be expected when alone with misfiring support of Thomas/Romme.

Manager - Why did he wait so long to change it and try and win the game?

General - Not best pleased could do better............
  • Options
    Oh and the referee and assistants were rubbish.
  • Options
    I thought 95% of the crowd was supportive throughout, it was only after the final whistle you got a few comments.

No one can complain the crowd is being unfair, because the vast majority have been supportive throughout.
  • Options
    And having seen it on MOTD we had two penalties and the referee should never rise to this level again.

I agree the crowd are still doing their bit; if we had lost though I would have expected a Dowie out chant......
  • Options
    [cite] pickwick:[/cite] if we had lost though I would have expected a Dowie out chant......

Before the match i saw a 8-10 year-old boy with a "Come back Alan and save us" sign.

:-(
  • Options
    Why did Dowie put that fat lazy turd (JFH) on the pitch - walking around and getting caught offside when only a few minutes left......his couldn't care a less attitude could have an affect in the dressing room....Get rid now!!!!
  • Options
    Was Marcus Bent or Lisbie on the bench? Is Lisbie crocked again not really keeping up at the moment.
  • Options
    I didn't think it was a bad performance although certainly not our bet of the season. I thought the front 3 did ok in the first half but Thomas faded badly in the second half, probably not fully match fit. My only real criticism of Dowie was that he should have spotted this and gone 4-4-2 sooner.

As others have said, the big pluses were Reid and Diawara. Thought Diwara was superb and I can't remember him missing a header or tackle all game. Reid also had a good game and linked things up well. I still think there is more to come from him. Also credit where it's due, I'm not a fan of Matty Holland but thought he had a decent game yesterday and special congratulations to him on what I believe is his first yellow card for the club.

Couple of shocking decisions from the ref in not giving us at least 1 pen but that does seem to be par for the course for us at the moment.
  • Options
    [cite] pickwick:[/cite]Was Marcus Bent or Lisbie on the bench? Is Lisbie crocked again not really keeping up at the moment.

Lisbie did his shoulder in training, and is now out for 3 months, so Marcus Bent & Jimmy were both on the bench yesterday. Basically, we now only have 3 fit strikers at the club and I am not sure that you could really use that description for either Jimmy or Marcus. This is a scary position to be in, because Darren seems to be the only goalscorer left!!